Metal hose can be long or short, but stainless steel metal hoses often cause many problems due to improper length confirmation under working conditions. For example, if the metal hose is too long to be used as a expansion joint, will be unstable; if the metal hose used for the pump inlet and outlet is too long, then additional oscillation will occur; if the metal hose used on the top of the piping system is too long, There will be greater fluid resistance, and so on. However, it was shortened blindly, will not achieve compensation, vibration reduction, and noise elimination efforts. Therefore, metal hose’s superiority of other aspects cannot be fully expressed. Therefore, confirming the length of the metal hose is a very important task. Below, several methods to confirm the length of metal hoses in different applications:
(1) Use as expansion joints. The length of the metal hose depends on the size of the diameter. The basic counting principles are as follows:
In a tortuous state,metal hose which moves longitudinally in parallel sections its length depends on its actual tortuous radius and the amount of longitudinal movement.
(2) Used in pump inlet and outlet as vibration and noise elimination. The length depends on the size of its diameter: if the diameter is less than or equal to 100 mm, L is the length of the expansion joints or flexible section of the metal hose, it is the diameter of the expansion joint or the metal hose.
(3) As lateral displacement metal hose. The length depends on the actual bending radius and the size of the lateral displacement.
(4) In a tortuous state, the length of the metal hose that moves horizontally in parallel sections depends on the actual bending radius and the amount of lateral movement.
(5) If the diameter is less than or equal to 250 mm, the diameter is less than or equal to 400 mm, and the diameter is less than or equal to 1000 mm, it is stated that in the pipeline system, if the one expansion joint is not enough, two or three can be used. If it is constrained by the spatial orientation, it is impossible to install a larger number of expansion joints, and a duplex structure can be used.
(6) As an angular displacement metal hose. The length depends on the actual bending radius and the size of the displacement viewpoint.
Post time: Dec-01-2021